Hi Shane! Good job with your microteaching 2 lesson! I found it really interesting to look at some sources to figure out the events that led up to the Civil War. One comment that I did have was maybe thinking of a few more questions to ask when having the discussion so that there is more participation and the students have some idea of where they should be heading with their thoughts about the events leading to the Civil War and why it was considered inevitable. Overall, I enjoyed learning and I thought that the lesson you prepared was well planned! Those resources at the library are excellent for the kind of exploration you wanted to create! -Laura
Shane your lesson was a good and as a history major i was able to understand what you were getting at, however, the background for this lesson could have been better presented for the non-history inclined members of the class who seemed a bit lost. In a regular history class i could see this being done at the end of a unit with the students having more background knowledge of the task at hand. It would defiantly reinforce what had been taught previously about the lead up to the civil war and the major compromises made by the country to keep it together from the Constitution till the final breakdown. Overall the sources you used were great and were informative on the topic.
Hi Shane! I could tell you put a lot of effort into your lesson. You had a variety of sources for us to look through and provided quite a bit of information for exploration time. I think you could clarify your question a little more next time. I was confused at first about what you wanted us to come up with. When I asked you were very clear and then I understood. Overall good job!
Hi Shane! Good job with your microteaching 2 lesson! I found it really interesting to look at some sources to figure out the events that led up to the Civil War. One comment that I did have was maybe thinking of a few more questions to ask when having the discussion so that there is more participation and the students have some idea of where they should be heading with their thoughts about the events leading to the Civil War and why it was considered inevitable. Overall, I enjoyed learning and I thought that the lesson you prepared was well planned! Those resources at the library are excellent for the kind of exploration you wanted to create!
ReplyDelete-Laura
Shane your lesson was a good and as a history major i was able to understand what you were getting at, however, the background for this lesson could have been better presented for the non-history inclined members of the class who seemed a bit lost. In a regular history class i could see this being done at the end of a unit with the students having more background knowledge of the task at hand. It would defiantly reinforce what had been taught previously about the lead up to the civil war and the major compromises made by the country to keep it together from the Constitution till the final breakdown. Overall the sources you used were great and were informative on the topic.
ReplyDeleteHi Shane! I could tell you put a lot of effort into your lesson. You had a variety of sources for us to look through and provided quite a bit of information for exploration time. I think you could clarify your question a little more next time. I was confused at first about what you wanted us to come up with. When I asked you were very clear and then I understood. Overall good job!
ReplyDelete